Re: [patch] Fix AF9015 Dual tuner i2c write failures

On 04/02/2011 04:45 PM, adq wrote:
2011/4/2 Antti Palosaari<crope@xxxxxx>:
On 04/02/2011 02:06 PM, adq wrote:

2011/4/2 Antti Palosaari<crope@xxxxxx>:

On 04/02/2011 04:24 AM, adq wrote:

Hi, just been trying it out, with no success. On my test machine, FE0
no longer tunes, but FE1 is still fine, so I've just been testing FE0.

You try to say other frontend / tuner is physically dead? Which one?

No no - I can revive it by simply unplugging and replugging the
device, but I was avoiding doing that to see if we could either track
down something erroneous, or be able to reset it from software.

It'd be /really/ handy if they'd connected that reset tuner GPIO :(
There isn't a way to completely reset the device from software I take
it? Or any other GPIOs hanging about I could test with?

There is few I know, USB command 0x13 boots AF9015 somehow, USB command 0x5a
reconnects it from USB bus. But most interesting one is demodulator reset
register 0xe205, write 1 to that reg should reset it.

Just tried writing 1 to 0xe205 - no change.

OK.

Looks like USB commands 0x13/0x5a will be done as part of a normal
module reload? (In which case it doesn't fix it).

I can actually reboot the machine completely, and the problem stays!
Only physically unplugging the device sorts it.

You are correct. I don't have any idea anymore. Only is wish to know if that happens in Windows too.

Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/