Re: [patch] Fix AF9015 Dual tuner i2c write failures

On 04/02/2011 02:06 PM, adq wrote:
2011/4/2 Antti Palosaari<crope@xxxxxx>:
On 04/02/2011 04:24 AM, adq wrote:

Hi, just been trying it out, with no success. On my test machine, FE0
no longer tunes, but FE1 is still fine, so I've just been testing FE0.

You try to say other frontend / tuner is physically dead? Which one?

No no - I can revive it by simply unplugging and replugging the
device, but I was avoiding doing that to see if we could either track
down something erroneous, or be able to reset it from software.

It'd be /really/ handy if they'd connected that reset tuner GPIO :(
There isn't a way to completely reset the device from software I take
it? Or any other GPIOs hanging about I could test with?

There is few I know, USB command 0x13 boots AF9015 somehow, USB command 0x5a reconnects it from USB bus. But most interesting one is demodulator reset register 0xe205, write 1 to that reg should reset it.

I have an MXL5005R tuner apparently - id 30 - BTW.

I suspect it is demod which hangs since I have feeling it happens every tuner used.

I've tried your suggestions, mainly concentrating on the af9013's
GPIOs, but I also tried your power management suggestion.

Since I was just using FE0, I've just been setting all the GPIOs at
the start of af9013.c's set_frontend() implementation; I've tried
turning them all off, all on, on->mdelay->off, and also
off->mdelay->on. Nothing works.

So GPIOs are blocked out.

I wonder if someone can ran similar many day tuning stress test using
Windows drivers to see if that happen.

Might be hard to script under windows I suppose...

I am not aware any good commandline BDA tuning app for Windows. Only one I know is ScanChannelsBDA.exe which is rather buggy - but works.

Antti
--
http://palosaari.fi/