Re: Remote control TechnoTrend TT-connect S2-3650 CI

Am 20.03.2011 um 21:45 schrieb Jochen Reinwand <Jochen.Reinwand@xxxxxx>:

> Hi AndrÃ,
>
> Thanks for the help! I already fixed the problem! By accident...
>
> On Saturday 19 March 2011, Andrà Weidemann wrote:
>> I don't think that this is a hardware problem. I think it is related to
>> the driver. When I added support for the S2-3650CI to Dominik Kuhlen's
>> code for the PC-TV452e, I used the RC-code function "pctv452e_rc_query"
>> for the S2-3650CI. I ran into this problem back then and thought that
>> setting .rc_interval to 500 would "fix" the problem good enough.
>
> My first idea was simple: Set it to 1000. Better a slow remote control than
> double key presses. But the double key press events remained.
> So I was planning to do some more debugging.
> But my next idea was: If I get double events anyway, I can also speed up the
> remote by setting .rc_interval to 250. After setting it, everything was faster
> and ...  the double events disappeared!!! Of course, I did some further tests
> and found out that setting .rc_interval to 50 is also working perfectly! No
> double key press events so far and the remote is reacting really quick.
>
> I don't really understand why this is fixing the issue...
> Does it make sense to put this into the official repo? Or is it too dangerous?
> It's possibly breaking things for others...
>
> Regards
> Jochen
> --

Hi,

I just tried and indeed, it works for me as well;-)
Never switched so fast...
I tried 50 but it is almost too fast
Maybe 75 or 100...

By the way, are there any thoughts/plans to merge TT S2-3600 into kernel some time?
Would be a guinea pig and buy a card for CI testing.

Greetings
Harald--