Re: Remote control TechnoTrend TT-connect S2-3650 CI

Hi Jochen,

On 19.03.2011 19:40, Jochen Reinwand wrote:
I'm using a TechnoTrend TT-connect S2-3650 CI. The S2API support is great! I
do not have any problems watching DVB-S and DVB-S2 content. Tuning is quite
fast! It's working much better than my Hauppauge WinTV Nova-TD, but that's a
different story...

The only severe problem I have with the TechnoTrend is related to the remote
control. Around 30% of the key presses produce two key events. It's not
related to any lirc or X11 configuration issue. I verified it using the tool
input-events on the device. There are really two separate events coming from
the device.

Is this due to a hardware problem, or is it a driver issue? My C and Kernel
knowledge is not really the best. But there is some code in dvb-usb-remote.c
that seems to be related to key repeats. Are the dvb remote input devices
doing something special here? I'm also not able to modify behaviour of the
device via "xset r rate" when using it as X11 input device. It's only
affecting the real keyboard that is also attached.

I don't think that this is a hardware problem. I think it is related to the driver. When I added support for the S2-3650CI to Dominik Kuhlen's code for the PC-TV452e, I used the RC-code function "pctv452e_rc_query" for the S2-3650CI. I ran into this problem back then and thought that setting .rc_interval to 500 would "fix" the problem good enough. Since I never used the supplied remote with my box, I never looked into the problem again.

Unfortunately I do not know how to fix this problem. If anyone has some insights on reading remote control inputs, please take a look here and see if you can fix the problem:
http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/s2-liplianin/file/7e47ba1d4ae8/linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/pctv452e.c#l1355
The remote is the same as the one shipped with the TT-S1500. So the code for reading the remote input should already exist.

Regards
 AndrÃ