Re: [ANN] First draft of the agenda for the Warsaw meeting

On Wednesday, March 09, 2011 21:58:15 Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On Wednesday 09 March 2011 08:47:01 Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > On Wednesday, March 09, 2011 08:08:43 Jaeryul Oh wrote:
> > > Hi, Hans
> > >
> > > We want to confirm if it is possible to discuss our concerning points
> > > at each item of 1st draft that you made as below.
> > >
> > > Our concerning items that we want to discuss are :
> > >
> > > 1. Issues when using V4l2 control framework with codec
> > >
> > >    : http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg27975.html
> > >    : Can we discuss 'V4l2 control framework to support codec' in your
> > >    : first
> > >
> > > agenda ?
> > >
> > >      (Compressed format API for MPEG, H.264, etc. xxx)
> > >
> > >    : We will post related contents in mailing list before joining Warsaw
> > >
> > > meeting.
> >
> > Certainly. If I am not mistaken the required control framework changes you
> > refer to in the supplied link are actually done in Laurent's media
> > controller/OMAP3 patch series, so these should appear any day now.
>
> Im' afraid it's not there yet. The OMAP3 ISP code that requires this feature
> isn't ready yet, we're still working on it.
>
> I've got two patches that implement control handlers at the file handler level
> for subdevs. I'll send them to the list (as RFC) to be used as a starting
> point for control handler support at the v4l2_fh level.

I did some work on this as well yesterday:

http://git.linuxtv.org/hverkuil/media_tree.git?a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ctrl-event

See patch "v4l2-ioctl: add ctrl_handler to v4l2_fh"

I needed this for my work on control-change events.

That patch should do what you need provided your code uses struct v4l2_fh for
each open file handle.

Regards,

	Hans