Re: V4L2 'brainstorming' meeting in Warsaw, March 2011

 Hi,

 I would gladly join this meeting but unfortunately I cannot attend. On the
 other hand I am glad to present that Willy Poisson from ST-Ericsson can
 join. Willy will mainly focus on Camera/imaging parts in which we believe
 V4L2 may fit very well.

 Some comments:

 Regarding OGL/ES in V4L2 I do not quite get the connection. As long as there
 is a common system memory handle...like hwmem any buffer dequeued from a
 camera or video decoder automatically slips into GLES...right. Of course the
 GL hw driver must also be aware of hwmem and accept the bufferformat used.

 Regarding HDMI API: We have some thoughts here as well...I'll get back to
 you.

 Regarding Buffer Pool: As you already know hwmem is one proposal but we are
 moving more towards GEM(since it's there already) with hwmem style though
 with CMA at the bottom....I'll get back to you on this matter as well.

 Have a nice meeting in Warsaw!

 BR
 /Robert Fekete
 (robert.fekete@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)