Re: [RFC/PATCH 0/1] Get rid of V4L2 internal device interface usage

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 10:47 AM, Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi David,

Hi Hans,

> On Saturday, February 19, 2011 17:35:46 David Cohen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is the first patch (set) version to remove V4L2 internal device interface.
>> I have converted tcm825x VGA sensor to V4L2 sub device interface. I removed
>> also some workarounds in the driver which doesn't fit anymore in its new
>> interface.
>
> Very nice! It looks good. I noticed that you didn't convert it to the control
> framework yet, but after looking at the controls I think that it is probably
> better if I do that anyway. There are several private controls in this driver,
> and I will need to take a good look at those.

Yes, to port to control fw is not part of this task yet. IMO there are
plenty of missing tasks to let the driver in a good shape and it may
need a very good rework. For now I'm focusing in remove v4l2 internal
interface.

>> TODO:
>> Â- Remove V4L2 int device interface from omap24xxcam driver.
>> Â- Define a new interface to handle xclk. OMAP3 ISP could be used as base.
>> Â- Use some base platform (probably N8X0) to add board code and test them.
>> Â- Remove V4L2 int device. :)
>
> It would be so nice to have that API removed :-)

Yes. :)

Br,

David