Re: [RFC/PATCH 0/1] Get rid of V4L2 internal device interface usage

Hi David,

On Saturday, February 19, 2011 17:35:46 David Cohen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is the first patch (set) version to remove V4L2 internal device interface.
> I have converted tcm825x VGA sensor to V4L2 sub device interface. I removed
> also some workarounds in the driver which doesn't fit anymore in its new
> interface.

Very nice! It looks good. I noticed that you didn't convert it to the control
framework yet, but after looking at the controls I think that it is probably
better if I do that anyway. There are several private controls in this driver,
and I will need to take a good look at those.

> TODO:
>  - Remove V4L2 int device interface from omap24xxcam driver.
>  - Define a new interface to handle xclk. OMAP3 ISP could be used as base.
>  - Use some base platform (probably N8X0) to add board code and test them.
>  - Remove V4L2 int device. :)

It would be so nice to have that API removed :-)

Regards,

	Hans