Re: v4l-utils-0.8.3 and KVDR

Hi,

On 02/20/2011 12:48 AM, Mike Booth wrote:
My understanding of the "wrappers"contained in this library is that v4l
applications should work with kernels from 2.6.36 onwards if the compat.so is
preloaded.

I use KVDR for watching and controlling VDR on my TV.

Xine and Xineliboutput or not options as they don't provide TV out and TV out
fronm the video card is also not an option because of where things are in the
house.

KVDR fails with

Xv-VIDIOCGCAP: Invalid argument
Xv-VIDIOCGMBUF: Invalid argument

works perfectly fine on linux-2.6.35

Anyone have any ideas

First of all make sure you load kdvr with the appropriote LD_PRELOAD, ie:
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so kvdr

If that does not help, do the following before launching kvdr:
export LIBV4L1_LOG_FILENAME=/tmp/log

So the total sequence of commands becomes:
export LIBV4L1_LOG_FILENAME=/tmp/log
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so kvdr

Then do what ever you want to do and fails, and send another mail
with /tmp/log attached.

Regards,

Hans