Re: Tuning channels with DViCO FusionHDTV7 Dual Express

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Andy Walls <awalls@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-02-06 at 22:18 -0700, Dave Johansen wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Daniel O'Connor <darius@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The error output happens after the scanning of 189028615:8VSB. No
>> additional output is added during or after it locks up at the warning
>> message that is displayed.
>>
>> Is there any additional information that I can provide to help debug this issue?
>
> You perhaps could
>
> A. provide the smallest window of known good vs known bad kernel
> versions.  Maybe someone with time and hardware can 'git bisect' the
> issue down to the problem commit.  (I'm guessing this problem might be
> specific to a particular 64 bit platform IOMMU type, given the bad
> dma_ops pointer.)
>
> B. Try the latest drivers and/or bleeding edege kernel to see if the
> problem has already been solved.  (Back up your current stuff first.)
>
> Regards,
> Andy
>
>> Thanks,
>> Dave

Is there some sort of instructions out there on how to do this sort of
testing to isolate where the problem started? Also, is it possible to
do it in a virtual machine or something to that effect to make the
deployment of the various systems easier?

Thanks,
Dave