Re: [ANN] Media Summit September 16th: Final Agenda (v7)

Em Thu, 26 Sep 2024 15:02:00 +0300
Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> > It doesn't have to be perfect from the start, and as long as we continuously
> > improve the process, I'm happy.

As Sakari pointed, CI will prevent a lot of possible cases.

> Incremental improvements are crucial. For this reason, I would like
> every rebase to be discussed with core committers, so that we all
> understand the issues and have a change to improve the tools to ensure
> they won't happen again (malicious behaviour is a different case). Can
> we try that, and handle rebases with a consensus-seeking process ?

Good idea! Yeah, it makes sense to discuss it to improve the process
after the facts. As we're planning to do periodic meetings with committers,
this can be added to the agenda of the next meeting when this happens for
committers, core committers and maintainers to be aware of what happened
and how this can be prevented in the future.

Thanks,
Mauro