Re: ngene & Satix-S2 dual problems

On 28 Nov 2010, at 12:53, Oliver Endriss wrote:

>>> Well, I did leave it as the active (and only) card in my MythTV box and it's been working fine for a week now doing my usual recording schedule across both inputs.  I've not seen any failed recordings, or any problems with the recordings it's made.
>>
>> Same here, it's been running as tuners 2&3 all week, I didn't report back until I'd seen a few of the recordings as I've been working away this week.
>> So looks like it works, big thanks to Oliver.
>>
>>> So it seems that it is working fine now.  I still have the problem with the additional dvb adapters, but they don't seem to be causing a problem so far as I can tell.
>>
>> Yeah would be good to know what that's all about, maybe there is some additional capability in this chipset but unused in the Satix S2?
>
> You can attach a Duoflex tuner extension to Satix S2 Dual V2 or
> cineS2 V5.5 cards. This way you can have up to 4 tuners.

That's a nice idea, 4x DVBS2 in one pcie x1 slot, looks like DVBT/C options too. That seems a lot to ask from the bridge and driver, potentially having four 8PSK DVBS2 muxes delivered though it! Would be the MythTV dream system for those SFF motherboards though.

> Without the Duoflex the additional adapters are empty.

There seems to be three extra adaptors, is the fifth one for the CI?

> This is a minor issue which will be fixed later.

Happy to help with any testing.

Andre--