Re: ngene & Satix-S2 dual problems

On 27 Nov 2010, at 12:15, Robert Longbottom wrote:

>> I'm just debating whether to leave it as the active card and see how it
>> gets on. Assuming it manages this evenings recordings ok, I think I will
>> probably will.
>
> Well, I did leave it as the active (and only) card in my MythTV box and it's been working fine for a week now doing my usual recording schedule across both inputs.  I've not seen any failed recordings, or any problems with the recordings it's made.

Same here, it's been running as tuners 2&3 all week, I didn't report back until I'd seen a few of the recordings as I've been working away this week.
So looks like it works, big thanks to Oliver.

> So it seems that it is working fine now.  I still have the problem with the additional dvb adapters, but they don't seem to be causing a problem so far as I can tell.

Yeah would be good to know what that's all about, maybe there is some additional capability in this chipset but unused in the Satix S2?

> Thanks go to Oliver for these drivers - hopefully we can see these changes in the kernel sometime soon :-)

Seconded.

Andre--