Re: [linux-dvb] Asus MyCinema P7131 Dual support

2010/10/6 Dejan Rodiger <dejan.rodiger@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Giorgio,
>

>> Dejan,
>>
>> I have the exact same card:
>>
>> # sudo lpci -vnn
>> 02:07.0 Multimedia controller [0480]: Philips Semiconductors SAA7131/SAA7133/SAA7135 Video Broadcast Decoder [1131:7133] (rev d1)
>> Â Â Â ÂSubsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device [1043:4876]
>> Â Â Â ÂFlags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 20
>> Â Â Â ÂMemory at fbfff800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
>> Â Â Â ÂCapabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
>> Â Â Â ÂKernel driver in use: saa7134
>> Â Â Â ÂKernel modules: saa7134
>>
>> and I can confirm you that it's autodetected and works very well (both the
>> analog and the digital part) on 2.6.35.
>> 2.6.32 has a problem with dvb-t reception, but I have reported it and hopefully
>> it will be fixed soon upstream: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/23604
>>
>> If you want to test the analog part, install MPlayer and run the following command:
>>
>> mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:norm=PAL:input=0:chanlist=europe-west
>
> This is working OK. I have also experimented more with tvtime and both
> versions work, but I have to do little more fine tuning and then I
> have better picture. So I will probably have to manually find exact
> stations frequencies and enter them in mythtv. But I first have to
> figure how and where to enter them.
>

>> and then press 'k' or 'h' to select previous/next channel (after you switch
>> channel, wait some seconds until the card tunes, for some channels I need
>> 5 seconds here, for others about 1 second). Now, with some patience, explore
>> all the channels and you should be able to find your local tv stations.
>> Also, you might need to adjust mplayer options, like norm= or chanlist=
>> (you could try chanlist=europe-east).
>>
>> The command line above doesn't grab audio though, so you won't hear a thing.
>> If you want to hear the audio you need to make sure saa7134-alsa is loaded
>> and run something like:
>>
>> mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:norm=PAL:input=0:alsa:adevice=hw.1,0:amode=1:immediatemode=0:chanlist=europe-west
>
> saa7134-alsa is loaded automatically, but I am unable to get any sound
> from mplayer or tvtime. I see on google, that I am not the only one.
> I have also noticed that about 8-10% of the frames are lost.

Hmm...things you can try:
1) Tell pulseaudio not to use the saa7134-alsa soundcard (click on
sound preferences (top panel, on the right, near the clock) and
disable saa7134 soundcard).
2) Run "cat /proc/asound/card" or "arecord -l" and make sure you're
using the right device on the MPlayer command line (the
"adevice=hw.1,0" part).
3) Add "audiorate=32000" like this:
mplayer tv:// -tv
driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:norm=PAL:input=0:alsa:adevice=hw.1,0:amode=1:audiorate=32000:immediatemode=0:chanlist=europe-west
4) See if MPlayer reports any error with alsa/audio.

Lastly, I think tvtime only works with a patch audio cable (which is
cable that connects the tv-card "audio out" to the soundcard "line
in"). So you can try to start tvtime and then run:

arecord -D hw:1,0 -r 32000 -c 2 -f S16_LE | aplay -

this way you record from the saa7134 audio device and play it back to
your speakers.

>> (make sure you select the right alsa device in adevice=)
>>
>> The wiki has a good page about MPlayer:
>>
>> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/MPlayer
>>
>> and of course the MPlayer man page explain all the options too.
>>
>> These pages are also useful (but some things might be a bit outdated):
>>
>> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ASUS_My_Cinema-P7131_Hybrid
>> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Saa7134-alsa
>>
>> I hope this can help you and others reading this ML.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Giorgio Vazzana
>>
>>> Thanks
>>> --