Re: [linux-dvb] Asus MyCinema P7131 Dual support

Hi Giorgio,

> Dejan,
>
> I have the exact same card:
>
> # sudo lpci -vnn
> 02:07.0 Multimedia controller [0480]: Philips Semiconductors SAA7131/SAA7133/SAA7135 Video Broadcast Decoder [1131:7133] (rev d1)
> Â Â Â ÂSubsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device [1043:4876]
> Â Â Â ÂFlags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 20
> Â Â Â ÂMemory at fbfff800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
> Â Â Â ÂCapabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
> Â Â Â ÂKernel driver in use: saa7134
> Â Â Â ÂKernel modules: saa7134
>
> and I can confirm you that it's autodetected and works very well (both the
> analog and the digital part) on 2.6.35.
> 2.6.32 has a problem with dvb-t reception, but I have reported it and hopefully
> it will be fixed soon upstream: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/23604
>
> If you want to test the analog part, install MPlayer and run the following command:
>
> mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:norm=PAL:input=0:chanlist=europe-west

This is working OK. I have also experimented more with tvtime and both
versions work, but I have to do little more fine tuning and then I
have better picture. So I will probably have to manually find exact
stations frequencies and enter them in mythtv. But I first have to
figure how and where to enter them.

> and then press 'k' or 'h' to select previous/next channel (after you switch
> channel, wait some seconds until the card tunes, for some channels I need
> 5 seconds here, for others about 1 second). Now, with some patience, explore
> all the channels and you should be able to find your local tv stations.
> Also, you might need to adjust mplayer options, like norm= or chanlist=
> (you could try chanlist=europe-east).
>
> The command line above doesn't grab audio though, so you won't hear a thing.
> If you want to hear the audio you need to make sure saa7134-alsa is loaded
> and run something like:
>
> mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:norm=PAL:input=0:alsa:adevice=hw.1,0:amode=1:immediatemode=0:chanlist=europe-west

saa7134-alsa is loaded automatically, but I am unable to get any sound
from mplayer or tvtime. I see on google, that I am not the only one.
I have also noticed that about 8-10% of the frames are lost.