Re: Foscam W21 webcam not working in Fedora 37 with kernel-5.19.11

On Tue, 27 Sept 2022 at 15:42, Brian Morrison <bdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Sep 2022 15:34:51 +0200
> Ricardo Ribalda <ribalda@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I am afraid that you need to ask in the fedora forum/ML why they are
> > not authorizing the device by default. Maybe some user reported some
> > malfunction with that device?
>
> So this is not a kernel-related issue? I don't know how this sort of
> authorization is controlled, perhaps you know?

It is not kernel related. Every distro handles that differently:
https://docs.kernel.org/usb/authorization.html

Maybe someone on the list knows how fedora does it. A fast google
search shows: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/security_guide/sec-using-usbguard

Try on the fedora mailing list.

--
Ricardo Ribalda