No Sound from EM2861 Device

Hello - I have a USB capture device from ClearClick. This device has both analog and s-video connections and lsusb shows the device as:

Bus 002 Device 004: ID eb1a:2861 eMPIA Technology, Inc. EasyCAP DC60+ [EM2861]

Using the Qt V4L2 Test Bench utility and selecting this device and setting NTSC as the standard the video looks good from a DVD player but there is no sound. In the User Controls tab of the test bench utility I found the mute box was checked by default. When I uncheck the mute box and restart there is still no sound regardless if using the analog connections or the s-video connection.

The playback tab in the alsa mixer shows 100% for ALSA plug-in [qv4l2]. The input devices tab shows EasyCAP DC60+ [EM2861] Digital Stereo (IEC958) at 100% and Port for this shows Digital Input (S/PDIF) with no other choices.

I have read that many other EM28xx devices work well but perhaps there is something different about this one from ClearClick or I have just not set things up properly yet? Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot further?

Thanks.

Rich