Re: Re: Re: Re: hooking Sony 47MPixel sensor to NXP imx8m-mini MIPI CSI2

Am Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2022, 15:07:16 CEST schrieb Petko Manolov:
> On 22-07-06 08:18:20, Alexander Stein wrote:
> > Thanks! Indeed at a first glance it looks straight forward. I was trying
> > get an imx327 running on a imx8mm, called TQMa8MxML. See [1] for some
> > details. The cover letter describes the config setup. The media-ctl
> > commands might help your setup. Note the settle times are an ugly bitch
> > and are crucial to be set on my board, but I'm not sure why they have to
> > be that way. Patch 1-8 are obsolete by now with the updates to
> > drivers/media/platform/nxp/
> > imx-mipi-csis.c. Patch 9 might help you configure the DT.
>
> Right, media-ctl is it.  In fact the pipelines have been properly set up so
> i only had to change the format.  The attached media graph is below
>
> Now, there are two problems i'm stumbling upon.  One is related to the
> capture device not actually supporting imx492 format(s), which are:
>
> 	MEDIA_BUS_FMT_SGBRG10_1X10
> 	MEDIA_BUS_FMT_SGBRG12_1X12
>
> which i guess is why i am being greeted with (when using v4l2-ctl):
>
> 	imx7-csi 32e20000.csi: capture format not valid

In your media topology in entity 1 (csi) "colorspace:srgb xfer:srgb" is set
for both sink and source. In my case it's "colorspace:raw xfer:none". The
imx327 is also a bayer pattern camera, so I would expect these kind of
settings have to be the same. But again I'm no expert which is pretty annoying
if you don't know which component/driver/configuration you can trust.

best regards,
Alexander