Re: Re: Re: hooking Sony 47MPixel sensor to NXP imx8m-mini MIPI CSI2

Hi Petko,

Am Dienstag, 5. Juli 2022, 17:13:05 CEST schrieb Petko Manolov:
> On 22-07-05 16:42:16, Alexander Stein wrote:
> > Hi Petko,

> > > Done, sent a patch for review to lkml and Rob.
> >
> > Do you have a link for the mailing list archive? I failed to find the
> > patch. I just want to check how things are done compared to other
> > sensors.
>
> There you go.
>
> The driver is neither interesting nor complex.  It seems, however, that
> getting this to run on imx8m-mini will require either other tools than
> plain v4l2-ctl or i am missing something here.
>
> I wonder if i have to play with media-ctl and connect all the dots between
> the Sony sensor, to mipi-csi bridge to the imx7-capture (or whatever the
> damn name is) device.

Thanks! Indeed at a first glance it looks straight forward.
I was trying to get an imx327 running on a imx8mm, called TQMa8MxML. See [1]
for some details. The cover letter describes the config setup. The media-ctl
commands might help your setup.
Note the settle times are an ugly bitch and are crucial to be set on my board,
but I'm not sure why they have to be that way.
Patch 1-8 are obsolete by now with the updates to drivers/media/platform/nxp/
imx-mipi-csis.c. Patch 9 might help you configure the DT.

Best regards,
Alexander

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-media/cover/
20220211142752.779952-1-alexander.stein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/