Re: Microsoft VX-1000 Microphone Drivers Crash in x86_64

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 7:21 AM, Jean-Francois Moine <moinejf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Fine job! The register 02 is the GPIO register. It seems the audio does
> not work when the bit 0x04 is not set. I am working on the driver for
> the other webcams, but you may patch it yourself removing the register
> 02 settings at lines 1752, 2320 and 2321 of sonixj.c.

Thank you for your help. I've gotten this working for me by using the
following conditional to determine if the driver should run the code
that changes register 02 or not.

if (sd->sensor != SENSOR_OV7660)
	reg_w1(gspca_dev, 0x02, 0x62);

and

if (sd->sensor != SENSOR_OV7660) {
	reg_w1(gspca_dev, 0x02, reg2);
	reg_w1(gspca_dev, 0x02, reg2);
}

These do fix the audio problem,  but they may not be good for other
Sensor OV7660 devices. I am not sure how to identify only my model
here, but that may be ideal for a better patch. I wonder if this patch
would also be needed for the VX-3000 model?

I've attached the patch that I'm using. I attached the "diff -c" and
"diff -uNr" style patches. the uNr style looks more like the
changesets I've found at LinuxTV.org so it may be the easiest to
apply. I hope the patch helps!

Hopefully this will make it into the Kernel source before too long so
it works on other computers without modification. :D

Cheers.

--
Kyle Baker