Re: [RFC v4] Multi-plane buffer support for V4L2 API

Hi Pawel,

Em 09-07-2010 15:59, Pawel Osciak escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> This is the fourth version of the multi-plane API extensions proposal.
> I think that we have reached a stage at which it is more or less finalized.
>
> Rationale can be found at the beginning of the original thread:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/11212

With Hans proposed changes that you've already acked, I think the proposal is ok,
except for one detail:

> 4. Format enumeration
> ----------------------------------
> struct v4l2_fmtdesc, used for format enumeration, does include the v4l2_buf_type
> enum as well, so the new types can be handled properly here as well.
> For drivers supporting both versions of the API, 1-plane formats should be
> returned for multiplanar buffer types as well, for consistency. In other words,
> for multiplanar buffer types, the formats returned are a superset of those
> returned when enumerating with the old buffer types.

We shouldn't mix types here. If the userspace is asking for multi-planar types,
the driver should return just the multi-planar formats.

If the userspace wants to know about both, it will just call for both types of
formats.

Cheers,
Mauro