Re: Microsoft VX-1000 Microphone Drivers Crash in x86_64

On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 17:40:18 -0400
Kyle Baker <kyleabaker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm testing the VX-1000 model web cam in test builds of Ubuntu 10.10
> x86_64 and have found that the gspca drivers allow the microphone to
> work with a sound recorder initially. However, when I test sound and
> video together with Cheese, the microphone no longer works and doesn't
> work again on the computer until the web cam is detached and
> reattached.
>
> I was able to track the events in the system logs as follows:
	[snip]
> Jul 5 16:53:37 kyleabaker-desktop kernel: [105042.537960] gspca:
> bandwidth not wide enough - trying again
	[snip]
> I opened Cheese to test sound and video at the 16:53 point. This seems
> to be unique to x86_64 systems as I'm getting reports that 32-bit
> users are not having any problems with this, but I don't have a 32-bit
> install to test myself.
>
> The selected input microphone remains the one in the web cam, but the
> drivers fail or break when it is started with video.

Hi Kyle,

The problem is known. I have no fix yet, but it seems that you use a
USB 1.1. or that you have some other device on the same bus. May you
try to connect your webcam to an other USB port?

Best regards.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/