Re: Kernel hangs after DVB patch from July 2021 with Hauppauge WinTV dualHD

Hi Maximilian,

On 20/01/2022 20:29, Maximilian Böhm wrote:
> Hey Pavel,
>
> I would prefer reverting your use-after-free change. I’m still on Linux 5.15.2 to avoid this issue. I’m not sure if I understand your last mails correctly, did you already revert the change or did you
> just offer to do it? Anyway, reverting locally wouldn’t be feasible long-term.
> If I could help eliminating this bug, I would gladly offer my system for a remote hacking session via ssh or Teamviewer or try other patch ideas.

I wonder if this patch:

https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/project/linux-media/patch/20220122074500.429184-1-dzm91@xxxxxxxxxxx/

is perhaps related to this issue? Can you test if this patch solves your issue?

If not, then I'll apply Pavel's revert patch for 5.18.

Regards,

	Hans