Re: Kernel hangs after DVB patch from July 2021 with Hauppauge WinTV dualHD

On 12/19/21 01:50, Maximilian Böhm wrote:
Thanks Pavel (not Paul, I‘m sorry!),

we might be on the right track here. This patch does still trigger a kernel tracing event with usbreset after a resume from standby (and usbreset is hanging for about 2 mins), but afterwards the system is still running fine, the DVB card works again and I can reboot the machine without hangs. I’ve tried this with two reboots and attached a dmesg log.
But this only works one time, a second try with usbreset in the same uptame seems to trigger the old total block, the adapter doesn’t get alive again and a proper reboot is impossible.

Hi, Maximilian!

Ok, one down :) I will look at the second one today later or tomorrow. It looks like missing dvb_dmxdev_release() somewhere at first glance, but for now I have no idea where...

With regards,
Pavel Skripkin