Re: Kernel hangs after DVB patch from July 2021 with Hauppauge WinTV dualHD

Hi Maximilian,

On 1/4/22 20:58, Maximilian Böhm wrote:
How can I help? I’m totally not a kernel developer but maybe you could SSH to my machine or something? Should we text in private outside the mailing list? What about reverting the kernel commit until this issue gets somehow solved?

I can't say what is better in this case. My patch fixed a use-after-free on disconnect path, but seems like it broke something else.

I am not against reverting, but I don't know what is bigger problem in general: UAF or usbreset tool hang. I guess, Mauro can help us here to decide what to do about this.

Anyway, you can revert my patch locally and use your device. I understand, that this approach is the best one, but anyway revert will come to Linus' tree in 2-3 weeks, since v5.16 will be released in couple of days.

With regards,
Pavel Skripkin