Re: Kworld Plus TV Hybrid PCI (DVB-T 210SE)

on Thu, 15 Apr 2010 01:32 pm
in the Usenet newsgroup gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure
hermann pitton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> to be honest, there is a little too much delay on those reports.

I have been very slow, sorry.

>> > did not even notice a problem with Trent's prior patch.
>> > The same is also at vivi.

>> I've found a GUI that allows tweaking lots of module parameters
>> that I have never heard of.  Card=94 in the config file,
>> gpio_tracking and i2c_debug are set to "1" in the GUI.
>>
>> Strange things are appearing in dmesg and syslog.  I assume that
>> [snip]
>> saa7133[0]: i2c eeprom f0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
>> i2c-adapter i2c-0: Invalid 7-bit address 0x7a
>> saa7133[0]: i2c xfer: < 8e ERROR: NO_DEVICE
>> [snip]
>> is significant.
>
> No, not at all for my knowledge.

Unsurprisingly, that just highlights my ignorance.

>> > If you want to produce debug output for failing firmware loading from
>> > file after a cold boot, yes, you might eventually be able to see that
>> > failing tuner initialization brings down i2c.
>> >
>> > If it is a additional new regression, then mercurial bisect can find the
>> > patch in question fairly quick.
>>
>> That sounds like something that I should be able to do, if only
>> I'd read the instructions.
>
> It is totally up to you and all others with that hardware.

Can you provide a like for where to start reading?

> Since already in some multiple broken conditions, never working without
> flaws previously, I would suggest not to wait any longer, until some
> sort of hadron collider is available ...

Now I'm discouraged.  It might be a better use of my time to do
something else - anything else.  Maybe I'll just put it in a box
for a year and see what happens.

--
Sig goes here...
Peter D.