Re: Kworld Plus TV Hybrid PCI (DVB-T 210SE)

on Tue, 23 Mar 2010 09:56 am
in the Usenet newsgroup gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure
hermann pitton wrote:

Hi Hermann,

I've been "fixing" my PC to the state that it stopped working.
Hence the delay.

> Hi Peter,
>
> Am Samstag, den 20.03.2010, 16:20 +1100 schrieb 0123peter@xxxxxxxxx:
>> on Wed, 17 Mar 2010 09:12 am
>> in the Usenet newsgroup gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure
>> hermann pitton wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>> >
>> > unfortunately the problem with these cards is known, but no good
>> > solution for now.
>> >
>> > Best description is from Hartmut and starts here.
>> >
>> > http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-dvb/msg26683.html
>> >
>> [snip]
>>
>> Interesting link.  I have one of the cards mentioned
>> (an MSI TV(at)nywhere A/D hybrid).  I've decided not to throw it away.
>
> to not leave you without any response at least.
>
> In hind sight, seeing how unfortunate using such devices can be, mainly
> because of being forced to try at random again with a cold boot after
> some i2c war brought down the tuner, we better should have such only in
> a still experimental league and not as supported.
>
> This was not foreseeable in such rudeness and neither Hartmut nor me
> have such devices.
>
> The Asus triple OEM 3in1 I have does not have any problems with loading
> firmware from file, the others do all get it from eeprom.
>
> So, actually nobody is investigating on it with real hardware.
>
> Maybe you can catch something with gpio_tracking and i2c_debug=1.
> I would expect that the complex analog tuner initialization gets broken
> somehow. This is at least known to be good to bring all down.
>
> Cheers,
> Hermann

There was a patch about alignment that went through recently.
Revert "V4L/DVB (11906): saa7134: Use v4l bounding/alignment function"
Maybe that was it.

Should I have a file called /etc/modprobe.d/TVanywhereAD
that contains the line,

options saa7134 card=94 gpio_tracking i2c_debug=1

and then watch the command line output of "kaffeine"?

--
Sig goes here...
Peter D.