Re: omap2 camera

Viral Mehta wrote:
> Hi Sakari,

Hi Viral,

>>> 2. Enable omap2 camera option which is under drivers/media/video
>>> 3. make uImage
>>>
>>> And with this uImage, camera is not working. I would appreciate any help.
>>
>> I'm adding Sakari Ailus to the CC list, which is the owner of the driver.
>
>> Thanks, Sergio!
>
> Thanks for your response. Thanks Sergio.
>
>> I've only aware of the tcm825x sensor driver that works with the OMAP
>> 2420 camera controller (omap24xxcam) driver.
>
> Does this also mean that omap24xxcam.ko will *only* work with OMAP2420?
> Or the same driver can be used for OMAP2430 board as well ?  As name suggests, omap24xxcam....

I'm not fully aware of the differences in the camera controllers in 2420
and 2430 --- never had a 2430. If they are the same then the driver
should work as it is. Sergio, do you know whether there are differences
between the two?

>> So likely you'd need the driver for the sensor you have on that board.
> Okie, I am trying to get that done. I took linux-2.6.14-V5 kernel from linux.omap.com and
> that supports camera on OMAP2430 and it has functional driver for ex3691 sensor.
> I am trying to know if I can forward port that.

That one very likely isn't using even the v4l2-int-device. But as soon
as you do, it is very easy to convert it to v4l2_subdev. The interface
is different but the ops are almost the same.

>> The omap24xxcam and tcm825x drivers should be moved to use v4l2_subdev
>> but I'm not quite sure what will be the schedule of that. Then we could
>> get rid of the v4l2-int-device interface that those drives still use.
>
> They are still using v4l2-int-device as of 2.6.33.

That's true. AFAIK no work has been done to get rid of this yet.

Regards,