RE: omap2 camera

Well, I personally haven't worked with OMAP2 family, but by looking at the differences in both chip descriptions:

OMAP 2430 / 2431: http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/wtbu/wtbuproductcontent.tsp?templateId=6123&navigationId=12609&contentId=4672

OMAP 2420: http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/wtbu/wtbuproductcontent.tsp?templateId=6123&navigationId=11990&contentId=4671

Camera wise, I can see that the 243x chips have interface for 2 cameras, meanwhile the 2420 only has one.

Generally speaking, the xx3x variants are usually more resourceful than xx2x sub-families.

Regards,
Sergio