Re: PAC7302 short datasheet from PixArt

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 14:56:56 -0600 (CST)
Theodore Kilgore <kilgota@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> First, I am glad that mouse-copying reproduces the accent in your
> name. If you can help explain how to reproduce such things by typing
> while using apine over an ssh connection, using a standard US
> keyboard, I would be glad of the explanation. My wife is Hungarian,
> and I am thus very sensitized to the importance of the question, how
> to do the accents required for writing Hungarian properly.

Hello Theodore,

I am also using a US keyboard and I have no problem with accents and
utf-8.

You must define the character encoding to 'UTF-8' and the font codeset
to 'Lat2' (central Europe). The locale must be set to 'en_US.UTF-8'.
Eventually, you may use the compose mechanism setting the compose
character to a specific key.

In Debian, this in done at installation time, but it may be changed by
dpkg-reconfigure or by hand.

The character encoding and the font codeset are in the
file /etc/default/console-setup. The locale is defined in the
file /etc/default/locale.

For the keyboard, in X, I set the 'compose' keyboard option to 'rwin',
i.e. the right 'ms-windows' key. This is defined in the
file /etc/default/keyboard or /etc/default/console-setup:
	XKBOPTIONS="compose:rwin"
To insert a composed character, press/release left-rwin, then the accent
and then the character. The compose sequences may be found in the file
/etc/console-setup/compose.ISO-8859-2.inc.

Cheers.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/