Re: PAC7302 short datasheet from PixArt

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010, Németh Márton wrote:

Hi,

if anyone interested there is a brief overview datasheet about
PixArt PAC7301/PAC7302 at
http://www.pixart.com.tw/upload/PAC7301_7302%20%20Spec%20V1_20091228174030.pdf

Márton,

First, I am glad that mouse-copying reproduces the accent in your name. If you can help explain how to reproduce such things by typing while using apine over an ssh connection, using a standard US keyboard, I would be glad of the explanation. My wife is Hungarian, and I am thus very sensitized to the importance of the question, how to do the accents required for writing Hungarian properly.

Now, as to the substance of the mail above, thanks a lot. I had a bunch of the PixArt datasheets already, but I had missed that one. I would have a question, though:

This datasheet gives a lot of information about pinouts on the sensor chip and such good stuff which might be useful if one were constructing a circuit board on which to put the chip. What it does not give, very unfortunately, is any information about the command set which needs to be sent across the USB connection, which in turn actuates the circuits which in turn sends something to the sensor across one of those pins. For example, to set green gain one has to do something on connector X. But how does one send a command from the computer which does something on connector X? Some other datasheets from some other companies (Omnivision, for example) do seem occasionally to provide such information.

Thus, a question for you or for anyone else who reads it:

Has anyone figured out any shortcuts for matching up the missing pieces of information? Probably the answer is "no" but I think this is the kind of question which is worth asking again on some periodic basis.

Theodore Kilgore