Re: PULL http://jusst.de/hg/stv090x

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 23.01.2010, 15:25 +0400 schrieb Manu Abraham:
> On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 5:08 AM, hermann pitton <hermann-pitton@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Am Samstag, den 23.01.2010, 01:23 +0400 schrieb Manu Abraham:

> >> Sure, of course, i will add some comments into the patch that I have
> >> queued up, before pull request. Don't worry, be at peace. :-)
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Manu
> >
> > Good, seems there is some progress.
> >
> > But 1080p was first from satellites only too ;)
>

> Eventually, broadcasters will restrict all good content. Only old
> stuff will even be happening with FTA. Even old scrambling systems are
> going away.
>
> Broadcasters would transmit protected content in the stream, along
> with relevant keys for relevant schema; CI+ is replacing old CI
> systems.
>
> CI+ streams would eventually be encrypted; ie, you won't get access to
> those streams, The CI+ output will be paired with a CI+ capable
> decoder, which will be given it's set of keys.
>
> The decoder will output HDMI with HDCP ..
>
> You can see that vicious circle that's evolving ... Broadcasters and
> Media producers like to term it as a war; they don't want users to
> capture the streams on a computer eventually; that's another way of
> stating it; even if the media has to be Time shifted, that would be
> paired with decoder, so eventually the media stays at one place and
> doesn't get circulated.
>

> Regards,
> Manu

yes, you are totally right, serious problems with lots of implications.

We are also already excluded from HD content becoming available on
demand over IP, because of missing DRM.

All the private/commercial broadcasters switched over to HD+ and CI+
right now here in Germany. So you don't come any further even with the
new S2 cards.

Given that, isn't it better to buy blu(e)-ray disks for the little HD
content you are really interested in and have 1080p?

If I'm not outdated on it again, likely possible, you can exchange legal
disks legally with others. Should be much cheaper than to have such a
jukebox in your living room you have to feed again and again, even for
the same content, if you ever want to see it one more time.

I won't buy any such + stuff to watch soap operas in some sort of HD and
some other stuff on lowest levels they have, not even be able to skip
the endless commercials in between.

Cheers,
Hermann