Re: CI USB

HoP a écrit :
I don't know the details into the USB device, but each of those CAM's
have bandwidth limits on them and they vary from one CAM to the other.
Also, there is a limit on the number of simultaneous PID's that which
you can decrypt.

Some allow only 1 PID, some allow 3. Those are the basic CAM's for
home usage.The most expensive CAM's allow a maximum of 24 PID's. But

You, of course, ment number of descramblers not PIDS because it is evident
that getting TV service descrambled, you need as minimum 2 PIDS for A/V.

Anyway, it is very good note. Users, in general, don't know about it.

/Honza
Just a quick note here: you might want to post to the mythtv ML and the VDR one also (probably others but I dont know them off hand) and see how people feel about this. My guess is that quite a few potential users are on these ML, and the CI threads are recurrent there because of good dvb-s cards but without CI support. A usb-CI or equivalent HW + good drivers would allow people to pick the dvb-s(2) cards without worrying about CI support.
HTH
Bye
Manu