Re: CI USB

HoP wrote:
>> I don't know the details into the USB device, but each of those CAM's
>> have bandwidth limits on them and they vary from one CAM to the other.
>> Also, there is a limit on the number of simultaneous PID's that which
>> you can decrypt.
>>
>> Some allow only 1 PID, some allow 3. Those are the basic CAM's for
>> home usage.The most expensive CAM's allow a maximum of 24 PID's. But
>>

> You, of course, ment number of descramblers not PIDS because it is evident
> that getting TV service descrambled, you need as minimum 2 PIDS for A/V.
>
> Anyway, it is very good note. Users, in general, don't know about it.

Hiya,

I've been reading this mailing list with regards to using a USB CI, but
hadn't found anything to help until I found the posts from Luc and Steve
sometime ago about getting the WinTV-CI to work under Linux.

Coincidently, at the end of last year I had e-mailed Luc about the
WinTV-CI, to see if I can help.
I'm in the process of purchasing some hardware to start testing.

He had managed to grab the firmware from the Windows driver but had so
far been unable to get it to load correctly in his new driver.

Regards,

Ian Wilkinson