Re: P010 fourcc format support - Was: Re: Kernel error "Unknown pixelformat 0x00000000" occurs when I start capture video

Le jeudi 10 janvier 2019 à 00:42 +0800, Ayaka a écrit :
> > There is a UVC media device that supports P010 device. We're discussing
> > about adding support for it on media. The full thread is at:
> >
> > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-media/20190109121900.hbrpttmxz3gaotwx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/T/#m8c395156ca0e898e4c8b1e2c6309d912bc414804
> >
> > We've seen that you tried to submit a patch series for DRM adding
> > support for it at the rockship driver. What's the status of such
> > series?
> Rockchip would use another 10bit variant of NV12, which is merged as NV12LE40 at Gstreamer and I sent another patch for it, but I didn’t receive any feedback from that.

For extra detail, the Rockchip variant is fully packed, with no padding
bits, while the Microsoft variant uses 16bits per pixels, with 6bits
padding. It was a mistake to use P010 initially for the Rockchip
format.

Nicolas