Re: SAA716x DVB driver

Hi Tycho,

On 20/01/18 15:49, Tycho Lürsen wrote:
> Right, but we still need a maintainer. Are you capable/willing to
> volunteer for the job?

If no-one else will then yes I can, but I can't claim to know these devices
inside out. It would really depend on what's required of a maintainer, I'm
struggling to find this documented anywhere.

Cards I can't test with would really need someone to be able to add a
tested-by to verify they work.

>>> I think that your proposal to use a stripped version of Luis Alves
>>> repo is a no go, since it contains a couple of demod/tuner drivers
>>> that are not upstreamed yet. That complicates the upstreaming process
>>> too much, I think.
>> Oh, I would have stripped it *right* down and removed every card except
>> my TBS6280. The end result would probably be pretty close to Soeren's at
>> that point anyway, so I was starting to think like what you've done and
>> base it on that instead.
> If you want, I can strip the driver down a lot more and ad back the
> drivers you need. Just tell me what it is you need.

As above, it's really just a case of making it maintainable. If someone
can step forward and ack for them working then they could be included
but if not then I think it's best dropping them until that happens.

Jemma.