Re: [GIT PULL FOR v4.15] Cleanup fixes

Em Fri, 8 Sep 2017 16:34:56 +0200
Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> [...]
>       drxd: Adjust a null pointer check in three functions
>       ds3000: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in two functions
>       ds3000: Improve a size determination in ds3000_attach()
>       ds3000: Delete an unnecessary variable initialisation in ds3000_attach()
>       ds3000: Delete jump targets in ds3000_attach()
>       mb86a20s: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in mb86a20s_attach()
>       mb86a20s: Improve a size determination in mb86a20s_attach()
>       mb86a20s: Delete a jump target in mb86a20s_attach()
>       si2168: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in si2168_probe()
>       sp2: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in sp2_probe()
>       sp2: Improve a size determination in sp2_probe()
>       sp2: Adjust three null pointer checks in sp2_exit()
>       adv7604: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in adv76xx_probe()
>       adv7604: Adjust a null pointer check in three functions
>       adv7842: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in adv7842_probe()
>       adv7842: Improve a size determination in adv7842_probe()
>       cx18: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in cx18_probe()
>       cx18: Improve a size determination in cx18_probe()
>       cx18: Adjust ten checks for null pointers
>       Hopper: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in hopper_pci_probe()
>       Hopper: Improve a size determination in hopper_pci_probe()
>       Hopper: Adjust a null pointer check in two functions
>       Hopper: Delete an unnecessary variable initialisation in hopper_pci_probe()
>       Mantis: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in mantis_pci_probe()
>       Mantis: Improve a size determination in mantis_pci_probe()
>       Mantis: Delete an unnecessary variable initialisation in mantis_pci_probe()
>       meye: Delete three error messages for a failed memory allocation in meye_probe()
>       meye: Adjust two function calls together with a variable assignment
>       saa7164: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in saa7164_buffer_alloc()
>       saa7164: Improve a size determination in two functions
>       Hexium Gemini: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in hexium_attach()
>       Hexium Gemini: Improve a size determination in hexium_attach()
>       Hexium Orion: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in hexium_probe()
>       Hexium Orion: Improve a size determination in hexium_probe()
>       Hexium Orion: Adjust one function call together with a variable assignment
>       atmel-isc: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in isc_formats_init()
>       atmel-isc: Improve a size determination in isc_formats_init()
>       atmel-isc: Adjust three checks for null pointers
>       atmel-isi: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in two functions
>       atmel-isi: Improve three size determinations
>       atmel-isi: Adjust a null pointer check in three functions
>       blackfin: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in ppi_create_instance()

It **really** doesn't makes any sense to send patch bombs like that!
That pisses me off, as it requires a considerable amount of time from
my side that could be used handling important stuff...

You're even doing the same logical change on the same driver several times,
like this one:
	atmel-isc: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in isc_formats_init()
	atmel-isi: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in two functions

Please, never do this again. Instead, group patches that do the same
thing per subsystem.

This time, I was nice and I took some time doing:

	$ quilt fold < `quilt next` && quilt delete `quilt next`

In order to merge the same logic change altogether, applied to all
drivers at the subsystem.

Next time, I'll just ignore the hole crap.

Regards,
Mauro