Re: [GIT PULL FOR v4.15] Cleanup fixes

…
> It **really** doesn't makes any sense to send patch bombs like that!

I got an other impression for this software development aspect.

> That pisses me off, as it requires a considerable amount of time from
> my side that could be used handling important stuff...

I can partly understand this view.

> You're even doing the same logical change on the same driver several times,
> like this one:
> 	atmel-isc: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in isc_formats_init()
> 	atmel-isi: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in two functions

Such a change approach can occasionally occur because of my selection
for a specific patch granularity.

> Please, never do this again.

I guess that it will happen more because there are so many results
to consider from source code analysis.

> Instead, group patches that do the same thing per subsystem.

I was also uncertain about the acceptance for the suggested
change patterns.

> This time, I was nice and I took some time doing:
>
> 	$ quilt fold < `quilt next` && quilt delete `quilt next`
>
> In order to merge the same logic change altogether, applied to all
> drivers at the subsystem.

Thanks for your constructive information.

> Next time, I'll just ignore the hole crap.

Do you want a “development pause” from my queue of change possibilities?

Regards,
Markus