Re: KWorld UB435-Q Support

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 12:55 AM, Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you see this happen more than once consecutively, and there is only 1
> silicon tuner present, then it means something very bad is happening, and
> there is a chance of burning out a part.  I still wouldnt not recommend any
> mainline merge until you can prevent this behavior -- I suspect that a GPIO
> reset is being toggled where it shouldnt be, which should be harmless ...
> but until we fix it, we cant be sure what damage might get done...
>
> The RF tracking filter calibration is a procedure that should only happen
> once while the tuner is powered on -- it should *only* be repeated if the
> tuner indicated that calibration is necessary, and that would only happen
> after a hardware reset.
>
> This still looks fishy to me...

It happened at every tuning operation, and made mythfrontend unhappy
(unable to tune after the first channel). I disabled the check for
RF_CAL_OK which triggered the recalibration, and mythfrontend worked.
The stick has been plugged in for a few months, so presumably would've
caught on fire by now if it was going to. It would be nice if the
tuning delay went away, though.. it still takes ~6 seconds to switch
frequencies.

I have not yet compiled and tested the lastest patches from Jarod.

R C