Re: CEC button pass-through

On 03/21/2017 07:23 PM, Eric Nelson wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On 03/21/2017 10:44 AM, Eric Nelson wrote:
>> On 03/21/2017 10:05 AM, Hans Verkuil wrote:
>>> On 03/21/2017 05:49 PM, Eric Nelson wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>> With CEC 2.0 you can set various RC profiles, and (very unlikely) perhaps
>>> your TV actually understands that.
>>>
>>> The default CEC version cec-ctl selects is 2.0.
>>>
>>> Note that the CEC framework doesn't do anything with the RC profiles
>>> at the moment.
>>>

>> I don't have the 2.0 spec, so I'm not sure what messages to look for
>> in the logs from libCEC.
>>
>> I have a complete log file here, and it shows messages to and from
>> the television, though in a pretty verbose form.
>>
>> http://pastebin.com/qFrhkNZQ
>>

> I think this is the culprit:
> cec-uinput: L8: << 10:8e:00
>

> The 1.3 spec says this about the 8E message:
>
> "If Menu State indicates activated, TV enters ‘Device Menu Active’
> state and forwards those Remote control commands, shown in
> Table 26, to the initiator. If deactivated, TV enters ‘Device Menu Inactive’
> state and stops forwarding remote control commands".
>
> In section 13.12.2, it also says this:
>
> "The TV may initiate a device’s menu by sending a <Menu Request>
> [“Activate”] command. It may subsequently remove the menu by sending
> a <Menu Request> [“Deactivate”] message. The TV may also query a
> devices menu status by sending a <Menu Request> [“Query”]. The
> menu device shall always respond with a <Menu Status> command
> when it receives a <Menu Request>."

That sounds plausible. When you tested with my CEC framework, did you also
run the cec-follower utility? That emulates a CEC follower.

Note: you really need to use the --cec-version-1.4 option when configuring
the i.MX6 CEC adapter since support for <Menu Request> is only enabled with
CEC version 1.4. It is no longer supported with 2.0.

Regards,

	Hans