Re: [PULL] http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/cx23888-ir-part2

Em Sun, 11 Oct 2009 08:21:24 -0400
Andy Walls <awalls@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> On Sun, 2009-10-11 at 07:37 -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> > Em Sun, 27 Sep 2009 20:12:12 -0400
> > Andy Walls <awalls@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
> >
> > > Mauro,
> > >
> > > Please pull from http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/cx23888-ir-part2
> > >
> > > for the following 5 changesets:
> > >
> > > 01/05: v4l2-subdev: Add v4l2_subdev_ir_ops and IR notify defines for v4l2_device
> > > http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/cx23888-ir-part2?cmd=changeset;node=8cbb951bbb9f
> > >
> > > 02/05: cx23885: Complete CX23888 IR subdev implementation for Rx & almost for Tx
> > > http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/cx23888-ir-part2?cmd=changeset;node=a2d8d3d88c6d
> >
> > Andy, there are some coding style issues here, not properly reported by the
> > current checkpatch.pl version we had at the tree, nor by the newer version.
> > I've opened a separate thread at LKML about that.
> >
> > For example, it didn't got any CodingStyle troubles on the formulas like:
> >
> > +       if (d > RXCLK_RCD+1)
> > +                                CX23888_IR_REFCLK_FREQ/1000000);
> > +       if (rem >= CX23888_IR_REFCLK_FREQ/1000000/2)
> > +       clocks = CX23888_IR_REFCLK_FREQ/1000000 * (u64) ns; /* millicycles    */
> > +       return DIV_ROUND_CLOSEST((n+1) * 100, 16);
> >
> > As there are no related changes on Documentation/CodingStyle, changing or relaxing
> > whitespacing rules, it is better to wait for the checkpatch.pl Maintainer (also
> > called Andy ;) ) for him to check what's going wrong and hopefully provide a
> > fix for the regression.
> >
> > I'm afraid that more relevant codingstyle checks like the usage of deprecated
> > functions could eventually be broken. So, better to wait for his answer,
> > before proceed with patch merging.
>
> OK.  I'm going to use alot of this code "as is" in the cx25840 module,
> it makes sense to get this version cleaned up first.

cx23885: Complete CX23888 IR subdev implementation for Rx & almost for Tx

There are some bad whitespacing here violating CodingStyle that checkpatch.pl
didn't get. Please submit a latter patch fixing it. I suspect it is a
checkpatch.pl regression, but it seems that we won't have a fix for it soon.

> I do have a concern that this set of changes may need revision if the
> cx23885 module or ir-common.h or ir-functions.c change significantly.
> However you have positive control over those.

Yes. I don't think we should have significant changes at rc5 decode routine.
The better would be to add there also the pulse-distance and nec decoding
code to ir-functions (implemented on some drivers), to have there all common
IR code.

> My other concern is kfifo being changed, requiring rework of my second
> set of changes.  There were some patches on the LKML for fixing kfifo
> with some positive discussions.  Last I checked, nothing had moved
> forward on kfifo.

The current kfifo implementation, IMO, need a few changes for it to be widely
used.

Cheers,
Mauro