Re: Hauppage WinTV-HVR-900H

James Peters wrote:
I have followed this one too for a longer time too. In general it
seems like that people were
just fighting the existing and working solution from Marcus. I'm
actually glad that someone is standing
up and trying to make everything easier now. It would be more helpful
if you could
add some helpful information how to get the devices work, rather than
complaining about
someone (especially on personal level as it seems) who supposingly
brought up a competitive solution.
The only issue I see is that this announced work is not opensource,
but I'd also rather leave that
one open to the enduser instead of generally fighting against it..
Some people here have an aggressiv
potential it seems.
the OP wants analog to work on this device
developers (certainly in the USA) have no incentive to work on that as they have gone digital
i personally cannot help with that device

as for Marcus's stuff not being open source - well then what has it got to do with this mailing list? anyway, it used to be open source - but he went off in a sulk because people would not do things "the one true way" as he saw it

perhaps if you were to reread some of the old email threads you would realise that you have not quite grasped the whole situation
--
simon