Re: TW2866 i2c driver and solo6x10

On 09/19/2016 01:20 PM, Andrey Utkin wrote:
> I'm going to have quite constrained time for participation in this
> driver development, but still I think this is perspective project which
> is in line with trend of exposing internal details of complex media
> hardware for configuration by V4L2 framework. Also tw286x are used in
> both tw5864 and solo6x10 boards, and in both cases it could be
> controlled better from userspace.
> I think first thing to do is expose tw286x chips as i2c- (or more
> precisely SMBus-) controllable devices. I have accomplished that in some
> way for tw5864, and hopefully I'll manage that for solo6x10.
> But beyond that, I currently don't know.
> A senior mentor would be very appreciated :)

I do appreciate the assistance. In most of this I'm already in water
above my head for the most part, but I'm making progress. Currently have
a booting kernel (4.8-rc4) and usb support, taking a go at the gmac/phy
driver atm. Its mostly similar to an existing driver, but I'd like to
get it up and running since the primary use of this device is over the
network, so even if we did have proper v4l2 devices it would not be
available over the network. One other thing I'm slightly worried about
is the sii/sil9034 hdmi chip included. Apparently its rather tricky to
get a datasheet for this without a NDA due to the drm stuff built in.