Re: TW2866 i2c driver and solo6x10

On 08/03/2016 04:01 PM, Andrey Utkin wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 03, 2016 at 03:26:39PM -0500, Marty Plummer wrote:
>> An understanable sentement, but its not just about me (though I actually own two
>> of the same dvr's). There is a large number, if reports are to be believed, of
>> more or less identical dvr systems with the same security holes and hard-coded
>> credentials, with no vendor firmware updates. In addition, I am also in possesion
>> of the chip vendor sdk with full source code for the kernel and modules and a
>> host of pertenant datasheets. My end goal is something along the line of openwrt
>> or lede for these systems in the interest of the community at large.
>>
>> I'm not averse to the concept of hard work, and while I'm very experienced when
>> it comes to kernel hacking I think I can manage well enough with relevant source
>> and examples, of which there is a large amount.
>>
>> One concern I have is dealing with devicetree, but I think I can manage.
>>

> That's intriguing. I'm interested to know what this model is and where
> it can be bought, and also to see all the sdk. BTW have you got sdk from
> manufacturer after asking for it, or otherwise? Are manufacturers keen
> to answer technical questions?

The particular device in question was sold by an american company called
Night Owl (nightowlsp.com) and is the zeus-dvr5/10 (otherwise identical
except for the installed hdd size). The main board bears the markings
"rs-dm-77a" and the main webserver type binary is called 'raysharp_dvr',
and only operates in IE using activex and reduced security settings.

I'm not certain if you can outright buy it new anymore, as it is very
old and out of warranty, but a million new clones pop up each day, all
based on the same hi35xx chipset (mine is hi3520 in particular).

I've uploaded most of the source files to https://github.com/Hi-Spy/hi3520
with exception to the PDFs and binary blobs. The sdk is based around
kernel version 2.6.24, so it's quite old, but only has around 10k lines
of diff files between it and stock.

No, I was in communication with a few people with @hisilicon.com emails
that I managed to find on the kernel mailing list (see arch/arm/mach-hisi)
who eventually pointed me at mobile@xxxxxxxxxx, but I've yet to recieve
a response. In the meanwhile I was trawling the chinese internet for
data, and managed to come across someone selling it for 5yuan, which is
too cheap to pass up. I don't know how cooperative they are going to be,
considering they've been using linux, u-boot, and a host of other GPL'd
software without mention or license for at least 5 years, the release
date of my particular SoC.