Re: CX23885 card Analog/Digital Switch

On 9/28/09 11:54 AM, David T. L. Wong wrote:
Hello List,

cx23885 card Magic-Pro ProHDTV Extreme 2, has a cx23885 GPIO pin to
select Analog TV+Radio or Digital TV. How should I add that GPIO setting
code into cx23885?
The current model that all operations goes to FE instead of card is not
very appropriate to model this case.
I thought of adding a callback code for the tuner (XC5000), but my case
is that this behavior is card specific, but not XC5000 generic.

Is there any "Input Selection" hook / callback mechanism to notify the
card, the device.

Digital TV is about to have mkrufky's ioctl override patch merged so that the bridge can be informed before/after a dtv frontend is opened, this is an entry point for you. The bridge can flip the GPIO on demand based on current hardware state.

Analog tv entry point could be the hooked into one of the video open ops, such as video_open(). Likewise, the bridge would be involved.

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com