Re: CX23885 card Analog/Digital Switch

Devin Heitmueller wrote:
On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 11:54 AM, David T. L. Wong
<davidtlwong@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello List,

cx23885 card Magic-Pro ProHDTV Extreme 2, has a cx23885 GPIO pin to
select Analog TV+Radio or Digital TV. How should I add that GPIO setting
code into cx23885?
The current model that all operations goes to FE instead of card is not very
appropriate to model this case.
I thought of adding a callback code for the tuner (XC5000), but my case
 is that this behavior is card specific, but not XC5000 generic.

Is there any "Input Selection" hook / callback mechanism to notify the card,
the device.

Regards,
David T.L. Wong

You should definitely *not* add a callback to xc5000 (and such a patch
will not be accepted).  The best approach may be to look at Michael
Krufky's fe_override tree, which is pending for merge:

http://www.kernellabs.com/hg/~mkrufky/fe_ioctl_override/

Devin

Thanks Devin and Steven. I'll will study Michael's tree.

David