Re: Hw capabilities of the HVR-2200

On 9/18/09 2:13 PM, Jed wrote:
2) Component input for the A/V-in

Yes, this exists on the HVR2250 product only.

Ah shite, are you sure?
If you look at the specs for the reference card it was there, did they
take it out at the last minute?

It's not feature Hauppauge supports on the HVR2200 today. I have a
suspicion this may change but I'm neither confirming, denying or
announcing anything. It would make sense to officially support
component cables on the HVR2200 since the silicon supports it. If/when
it does I'm sure it will be mentioned in the forums or on the HVR2200
product packaging.

So I garner from that, that you don't intend to add support for anything
(including extra encoding abilities that they don't support in Windows)
unless Hauppauge officially does?

No, I was referring specifically to your component 'are you sure?' question.

I've said many times on and off this mailing list that I'd like to add support for all of the encoder a/v codecs, regardless of the windows driver and it's capabilities. Timeframe for this is unknown.

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com