Re: Hw capabilities of the HVR-2200

On 9/18/09 12:24 PM, Jed wrote:

**a repost because of earlier issues in getting emails to the list**

Hi Kernellabs or anyone involved with driver development of the
HVR-2200...

Hello.

I know this is a loooong way down the priority list of features to be
added, if ever!
But I'm wanting to know if the *possibility* is there 'hardware-wise'
for the following:

1) h.263/mpeg4/VC-1/DivX/Xvid hardware encode of A/V-in

Yes, this exists in hardware on the SAA7164 and therefore the HVR2200 and HVR2250.

2) Component input for the A/V-in

Yes, this exists on the HVR2250 product only.

3) Hw encode bypass for A/V-in

No idea. Regardless of whether it does or does not I wouldn't plan to add basic raw TV support to the driver, without going through the encoder.

4) Is Hw encode purely for A/V-in? (hauppauge's site suggests
otherwise but it may be a typo)

Yes.

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs