Re: Are you getting my emails? -- resubmit tda18271 pull requests.

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Michael,
>
> Em Tue, 15 Sep 2009 08:15:59 -0400
> Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
>
>> Mauro,
>>
>> I made a pull request to you over a week ago and I have seen you merge
>> *many* other developer repositories since then, many of whom only sent
>> pull requests within the past three days.  As my pending changes
>> affect the tda18271 driver, only, I know that no other drivers are
>> affected by my changes, other than some new devices who must wait for
>> this to be merged first as a dependency.

[snip]

> Michael,
>
> As I pointed at the thread related to sysfs x ioctl, this merge is particularly
> complicated, since we have merges that depends on two arch merges, and we have
> a set of patches in the middle of the patches merged before the open of the merge
> window that touches on every driver, including the pending ones.

Thank you for your reply -- I am just glad to know that you have
indeed received my mail :-)

You mentioned that you replied to me in the "sysfs x ioctl" thread --
the thread was so long and I didn't have time to read it, so I had no
idea that you responded to *my* pull request there :-P  Next time,
maybe you should cc me if you think I should read something.  :-)

> So, we'll basically have more than one git pull request, in order to solve the
> merging conflicts.
>
> There are a few remaining pull requests on my tree, including new drivers and
> your tuner redesign. I haven't actually looked at the code, since I'm very busy
> merging the code we have, but assuming that this changeset could be touching on
> several drivers, I opted to hold its analysis after fixing the arch
> cross-dependencies, to avoid the risk of not having a tree to put those patches,
> holding the process again.

Maybe there is a misunderstanding -- I did *not* do any tuner redesign
-- there were no API changes -- these are feature improvements and bug
fixes for the tda18271 driver, ONLY.

I do have a RFC outstanding for a method to handle DVB frontend
operations at the bridge driver level, but I did not yet issue a pull
request for that -- I was actually planning to wait for *after* the
merge window before requesting a merge for those changes.

> As I'm saying, the fact that we're not using clones of upstream -git trees for
> development makes everything hard, during the merge window.

I understand.  I think there may have been a misunderstanding -- The
merge requests that I have pending are localized changes that dont
affect other drivers.  No redesign at all...  I'd appreciate it if you
could handle these tda18271 pull requests soon for 2.6.32, so that I
can continue on with development -- I'll continue to hold off the
larger changes for after the merge window.

Thanks for your reply.

Best regards,

Mike