Re: (Saa7134) Re: ADS-Tech Instant TV PCI, no remote support

On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 18:18:05 +0200, Morvan Le Meut <mlemeut@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[...]

Since it doesn't work with thoses keycodes, i'm trying it with "ir_codes_adstech_dvb_t_pci". I'm sure it won't work ( it would be toot easy otherwise ) but since the remote looks the same ... If by chance it work, i'll try to better document what i did for someone to write a patch. ( Or at least, to serve as a reminder the next time i'll encounter the problem )

Hi,

If gpio's are correct, than all you need to do is write a new keymap.

These is how I did it: If codes from original keymap are wrong erase the keycodes in ir-keymaps.c, but leave the header, pointer or whatever is called. In your case like that:

/* Sylvain Vignaud <sylvain@xxxxxxxxxxx */
static IR_KEYTAB_TYPE AdsInstantTvPci_codes[IR_KEYTAB_SIZE] = {
	// Buttons are in the top to bottom physical order
	// Some buttons return the same raw code, so they are currently

};

Compile/install/load the drivers. You should get something like these in dmesg:

dmesg example for a single button pressed (my card):
saa7134 IR (Compro Videomate DV: unknown key: key=0x29 raw=0x29 down=1
saa7134 IR (Compro Videomate DV: unknown key: key=0x29 raw=0x29 down=0

The keycode (0x29) must be unique for every button pressed, and this is what you write in ir-keymaps.c e.g.

	[0x29] = KEY_POWER,     /* power       */

There has been standardization of keys recently, so this is how things must be mapped now:
	(http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Remote_Controllers)

Read also:
	(http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Remote_controllers-V4L)